Dussehra రోజు జరిగిన కొన్ని సంఘటనలు | Some events that happened on the day of Dussehra | YZ Sangatulu
1. Lord Rama’s Victory: On the day of Dussehra, Lord Rama, the seventh avatar of Vishnu, emerged victorious over the ten-headed demon king Ravana. This triumph signified the victory of good over evil, dharma over adharma, and righteousness over unrighteousness. The burning of effigies of Ravana, Kumbhakarna, and Meghnad on Dussehra symbolizes the destruction of evil forces.
2. Mahishasura’s Defeat: According to Hindu mythology, the demon Mahishasura was granted a boon by Brahma that made him invincible to men and gods. However, he could be defeated by a woman. On Dussehra, Goddess Durga, the embodiment of feminine power, emerged victorious in a fierce battle against Mahishasura, restoring peace and harmony to the universe.
3. Pandavas’ Exile: The Pandavas, the five sons of King Pandu, were forced into exile for 13 years by their wicked uncle Duryodhana. On the day of Dussehra, the Pandavas completed their exile and returned to their kingdom of Hastinapura. This event is celebrated as Vijayadashami, which marks the triumph of truth and justice over deceit and injustice.
4. Devi Sati’s Sacrifice: Devi Sati, the consort of Lord Shiva, was the daughter of Daksha Prajapati, who did not approve of her marriage to Shiva. Daksha organized a grand yagna (fire sacrifice) but did not invite Shiva. Sati, unable to bear the insult to her husband, immolated herself in the sacrificial fire. Her sacrifice is commemorated as Sati Anugrohini Vrat, which is observed on Dussehra.
5. Kubera and King Raghu: Kubera, the god of wealth, was once cursed by his father, Vishrava, and lost all his riches. On the day of Dussehra, King Raghu, the ancestor of Lord Rama, performed a grand yagna and offered prayers to Kubera. Impressed by Raghu’s devotion, Kubera restored all his wealth and blessings.
6. Sai Baba’s Death: Shirdi Sai Baba, a revered spiritual figure in India, passed away on the day of Dussehra in 1918. His devotees believe that he attained Mahasamadhi, a state of spiritual liberation. Sai Baba’s death anniversary is observed as a day of mourning and remembrance.
#dussehra #navaratri #yzsangatulu